- A RAS on the abundant and seemingly easy to catch Blackbird (other species can be substituted)
- Friend with a project based on resighting colour ringed gulls
- Take nets and struggle to catch blackbirds before missing season one target of 50 birds completely
- Read Facebook comment by friend, when on 32 gulls, betting a curry on the fact that they will reach 50 gulls before you reach 50 blackbirds.
- Fail to inform friend that blackbird total stands at 47 birds
- Accept bet
- Struggle to catch birds for 1 month until two more are caught
- Watch as Blackbirds evade every net put up.
- Read Facebook and twitter messages from friend as they make it into the forties
- Colour ring gulls, thus making it easier for friend.
- Read more comments; become concerned,
- Check bank balance and look up reviews of curry houses
- Catch 50th blackbird on a whim and sigh
- Claim curry via blog post
Never, we repeat never, has a blackbird been more welcome
HP - also known as 2 poppadoms with dips followed by Thai
green fish curry with a pashwari naan and two pints and
whatever Dr V is having.